Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Campaign for Re-Election to the Helena City Commission has Begun!

Friends,

This afternoon, I formally announced and filed for my re-election campaign to the Helena City Commission. I am proud of my service on the commission.  I again ask the residents of Helena for their trust for an additional four-year term.

For the past three and half years on the commission I have worked to improve non-motorized transportation and the safety of our streets, support additional recreation opportunities and Helena's Open Lands, and fostering conservation leadership by city operations and utilities to save water, energy and save resources by recycling. 

In my second term I look forward to completion of Centennial Trail (a mostly off-street recreation trail from Spring Meadow to East Helena), implementation of the Ten Mile agreement for Helena's Watershed (Landscape prescription to protect Helena's water supply from fire and threats), and continued environmental stewardship to preserve city infrastructure capacity, well outline in our recently passed Helena Growth Policy.

Col. Joe Goldes (Ret.) is my campaign Treasurer. 

Campaign Contributions ($160) can be mailed to:

Matt Elsaesser for City Commission
P.O. Box 321
Helena, MT 59624

Thank you very much for your support and interest.


Sincerely,

Matt Elsaesser