Monday, September 19, 2011

Please Join Me in Continuing to Serve Helena's Future.

Friends,


As you may know, I have formally announced and filed for re-election to the Helena City Commission. It has been my distinct honor to serve you and the citizens of Helena for the past four years.  Together we have accomplished a lot, but we still have more work to do.  That is why I am, again, asking for your support and vote this November.


Over the past four years, together, we have improved non-motorized transportation, the safety of our streets, expanded additional recreation opportunities and Helena’s Open Lands, and fostered conservation leadership in city operations and utilities that has saved water, conserved energy and recycled resources.  This has been done with a balanced budget and sound fiscal management looking towards the future.


During my first term I continued to find ways of supporting more economic vitality in our community. Renewals of the downtown Business Improvement District, the expansion of the farmers market, and an innovative partnership to build the 14th street parking garage downtown have helped keep the core of our community vital.  Helena has established a complete streets policy that will improve safety and accessibility for all user on our roads, trails, and walkways.


In my second term, I look forward to the completion of Centennial Trail (a recreation trail connecting Spring Meadow to East Helena), implementation of the Ten Mile agreement for Helena’s Watershed (a landscape prescription to protect Helena’s water supply from fire and threats), and the continued environmental stewardship outlined in our Helena Growth Policy.


To continue to build on this progress, and to achieve these worthy goals, I need your help. We haven’t much time before ballots will be in the mail, and I will be working hard every day between now and the election to communicate our shared values.


It humbles me to have the support of so many of our friends, neighbors including the endorsement of Montana Conservation Voters, and to have Col. Joe Goldes (Ret.) as my campaign Treasurer again this year.  I have As we know all too well campaigns take work and donations.  As you also know, my re-election will depend on broad based support from the community. That support includes not just financial contributions, but volunteer work, yard signs, endorsements, and helping me communicate my message to voters across the city. Please take the time to fill out a form at MattEforHelena.com. 


Please help me move Helena forward and consider making a contribution to my campaign today by sending a check to the following address:


Matt Elsaesser for City Commission
P.O. Box 321
Helena, MT 59624

Please remember to include your occupation and employer along with your contribution, and remember that the maximum amount you can contribute is $160. Thank you for your support and interest.  Please don’t hesitate to contact me at 431-0815 with any questions, concerns, or to help by volunteering for my campaign.  

Sincerely,
Matt Elsaesser, Commissioner
City of Helena, Montana

No comments:

Post a Comment