Tuesday, March 5, 2013

City of Helena is seeking interested citizens to serve!


CONTACT: Debbie Havens, Clerk of the Commission   447-8410


The City of Helena is seeking interested citizens to serve on the following boards:

Board of Adjustment
One citizen to serve as the alternate member on the Board of Adjustment.  Term will begin upon appointment and expire October 1, 2015. The five-member board acts on applications for variances in the zoning ordinance.  

Helena Open Lands Management Advisory Committee (HOLMAC)
One citizen to serve on HOLMAC.  The unexpired term will expired June 30, 2015.  Members of HOLMAC shall perform various functions for the City related to the management of the open space properties. 

Helena Zoning Commission
One citizen to serve as the alternate member on the City Zoning Commission.  The term will begin upon appointment and expired September 30, 2015. This board shall perform zoning functions for the city and shall be the sole Zoning Commission for the City of Helena.

Public Art Committee
One art organization representative to serve on the Public Art Committee.  The unexpired term will begin upon appointment and expire December 31, 2013.  
This committee promotes community awareness of public art and will be involved in recommendations for providing public art in Helena.  Goals and guidelines have been established to assist the committee members.

Helena Citizens Council
There are currently vacancies in Districts 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 of the Helena Citizens Council.  If you are interested in finding out what district you live in or serving on the HCC, please visit their web page at helenacitizenscouncil.com or call the HCC Coordinator at 447-8493.

 Applications are available at www.ci.helena.mt.us /commission/boards or by calling 447-8410 and can be submitted to the City Clerk’s Office, 316 N. Park Avenue, Room 323, Helena, MT 59623 or by email. 

The deadline for applications is 4:00 p.m., Thursday, March 21, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment